One of the great new features I am starting to enjoy on my BlackBerry Storm is the ability for it to play multimedia files and specifically audio (music).
And below are the formats supported by BlackBerry Storm:
Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus
However, I bet there are not a few people who'd like to enjoy music songs from iTunes on their BlackBerry Storm. What frustrates them most is the fact that the iTunes tracks they purchased or downloaded from iTunes Store are in a "protected" AAC or M4P audio format and they are unable to play them beyond iTunes environment. The DRM-ed iTunes music songs are not recognized by BlackBerry Storm at all.
Don't give up, anyway! The posts I previously wrote How to convert iTunes M4P to MP3 with TuneClone and How to Convert iTunes M4P to MP3 are right there helping you to get rid of the headache. You can choose either the burn-and-rip method or that of using TuneClone Audio Converter elaborated in the posts.
After you get the output MP3 files (actually you can also output M4P to WAV), you can now begin to transfer them to your BlackBerry Storm:
1. Connect your Blackberry to you computer via the USB cable.
2. If you have properly enabled your Blackberry as a Mass Storage Device, your Blackberry's microSD card will show as a removable drive on your computer. For this guide, it happens to be on "Removable Disk" G:. Double-Click.
3. Double-click on the Blackberry folder
4. Double-click on the music folder
5. The folder should be empty.
6. Copy your music files to your Blackberry. Depending on the size, transfer time may vary.
7. Disconnect your Blackberry from the USB cable and go to the Multimedia icon on you Blackberry. You need to disconnect when you use the Mass Storage device method as it disables direct access from the Blackberry when connected to the PC via the USB cable.
8. Click on the Music icon.
9. Click on the Media Card folder
10. Select your Music folder
11. Select your Song
12. Play your music and enjoy!